Decorating your home is the best way to get into the festive spirit. A wonderful approach to get everyone excited for the coming weeks is to rediscover your ornaments as holiday music plays in the background. And hanging up a sweet festive garland will instantly and easily add a little je-ne-sais-quoi to your home. This garland was made by our dear friend Melodrama using coloured wood beads, and absolutely adore the touch of fun it adds to any room. Keep reading to learn how you can make your own!
- Rit All-Purpose Liquid Dye: Kelly Green Used Here (Use the dye of your choice)
- Wood Beads with Holes, Unfinished
- Plastic basin or container for Dyeing
- Rubber Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Table Cover
- Measuring Spoon
- Under 1 hour
- Put your plastic cover on the table and gather your supplies.
- Add 4.5 litres of very hot water to your container. Once you have put your gloves on then add 1/2 cup of your dye to the dye bath and stir thoroughly.
- Use one of the wooden beads to test the dye bath colour. Add extra dye if the colour is too light; more water if it is too dark. Keep in mind the wood beads will grow more saturated the longer they soak and that the wood will look lighter when dry.
- Once you have reached the desired colour, submerge the wood beads into the dye bath. Stir beads just slightly to ensure equal covering. Soak the beads until the desired colour is reached.
- Fish all beads out of the dye bath and leave to fully dry on a paper towel.
- String the beads to the thread and secure the end with a tight knot.
- You are all done!