Need an extra hand this Halloween?
- Rit DyeMore for Synthetics in Super Pink, Racing Red, Royal Purple
- Pot for Dyeing
- Plastic skeletons Arms
- Rubber Gloves
- Measuring Cup and Spoon
- Plastic Table Cover
- Paper Towels
Time: 30 minutes
- Wipe plastic skeleton with acetone and paper towel to remove any manufacturer’s finishes that may interfere with dye absorption.
- Heat 1 gallon of water on the stovetop to roughly 200ºF / 93ºC or greater.
- When water begins to simmer, add ¼ cup of well-shaken DyeMore for Synthetics and stir well.
- Wearing rubber gloves, pick up the skeleton with tongs and carefully dip 1/3 of it into the dyebath. Keep the plastic skeleton dipped for 5-10 minutes, moving it around the dyebath to avoid harsh dyelines from forming and achieve a smooth gradient.
- Once desired color is achieved, remove from dyebath and rinse in cold water.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with additional DyeMore for Synthetics colors to create an ombre.